Wednesday, January 5, 2011

the thing about working out (which i accidentally went and did twice today, because i am starting to be in love with it, and watching sports on the little tvs, and trying to work all of the fancy machines...) is that is just makes me want to eat, so much. so i guess it's good that i'm not going to the gym to lose weight or anything, more like i just want to be able to bike up hills without having to get off and walk. that's a good goal to have.

i feel like i spend all of my time at the credit union now, or at least in anticipation of being at the credit union. today was the first day that it was slow for a long amount of time since i started, so i spent some time reading blogs, which was a welcome change of pace. so far i feel incredibly blessed by my job though. members surprise me every single day. today a man came in, and what happened between us was this: i finished helping him and asked our classic, "is there anything else i can do for you (your name here)?", and his answer was "well, you can put me on your prayer list tonight, that i would get a job." he said it half-jokingly but was actually totally serious. i was totally shocked for a minute because that has never happened to me at work, but i am encouraged by it. he had no idea i was a Christian; in all honesty, he probably assumed i was a member of another religion. but the fact that he approached me made me day. so i am praying for that man, and i hope he comes back in soon.

anyways. tomorrow is my day off. i think i'll stay up watching a movie i borrowed from noah hahn. it's good to know i have the same taste in movies as a twelve year old boy.

No comments: