Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Things my dad and his brother talk about

After not seeing each other for years (a short list):

-boxers and how great they are
-guns
-knifes
-hunting
-hippies
-welfare
-occupy Wall Street
-more boxers
-their messy ex-brother-in-law
-politics
-bee stings
-knee injuries
-how said bee stings will cure boxer joint problems

Oh and then some.

I have seen extended family this year, on both sides, that I haven't seen in at least five years. It has been so much fun to see them again and I am planning some road trips to do this more. I need to get out to California and DEFINITELY Portland. It has been far too long since I've been back to Oregon and my uncle made me realize all that I miss about it today.

I love my extended family so much, but I am encouraged every time that my parents live the way they do. Hearing my cousins in Michigan obsess over body weight or my uncle tell crazy stories makes me so grateful that I was raised by parents that love Jesus first. It shines through their lives and their love...what a blessing!

No comments: