Tuesday, October 23, 2012

"I have found that I usually imagine that things are going to turn out badly.  This tendency started about three or four years ago; it is not accidental; but it is annoying."

-Adolfo Bioy Casares, The Invention of Morel 

Unfortunately this describes me pretty well.  I am a hypochondriac, a believer of the worst, a worrier, a grump.  Maybe this is due to past experiences, but I read this in a book for school (case two of being an English major actually doing my faith good this week) and it really convicted me.  God has GOOD plans for my life.  I am so blessed by all of the good that is happening in my life.

-wonderful small group, wonderful friends
-Fall weather
-bakery job and a soon to be second job making coffee
-warm bed (so happy this time of year!)
-full stomach
-21 soon

and I could go on further.  But anyways, I am a little exhausted and I have yet another film to watch for school.  This week I start reading Picture of Dorian Gray and 1984.  This semester has been such a good one for readings, give or take a few books.  I will probably even keep most of them so I can reread them later.  Films, on the other hand, are another story....

6 comments:

Sammy said...

What class is this for? I want to take it!

Rachel said...

I LOVED Dorian Gray. Oh ma garsh.

kaylee said...

Sammy are you talking about the 1984 part or the Dorian Gray part? Dorian Gray is for Seegert's class (TAKE THE COMPANION ONE IN THE SPRING). 1984 is for a Utopian fiction class!

Rachel I read it this summer and loved it too! I am excited to reread it.

Unknown said...

one of my favorites!

Unknown said...

ps. im taking you out for your birthday!

kaylee said...

Yay! You're so sweet Ashlie. Love you friend!