Tuesday, October 23, 2012

"But I like the inconveniences."

"We don't," said the controller. "We prefer to do things comfortably."

"But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin."
-Brave New World.

I love all of these Utopian novels I am reading. Utopias arise out of men trying to fix what men have destroyed, and life is still so miserable. There is no true solution. Only God can create a beautiful society and I cannot wait to see the perfection of Heaven.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

amen. so sad to see all these men build their empires of dirt, when it's jesus we should be focused on and His kingdom we should be building. college is kind of sad, because it's so worldly, but for the Christian it can be good because it points us straight back to Christ! Thanks for sharing!