Tuesday, September 11, 2012


George: "What is it you want, Mary? What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down. Hey. That's a pretty good idea. I'll give you the moon, Mary."
Mary: " I'll take it. Then what? "
George: " Well, then you can swallow it, and it'll all dissolve, see... and the moonbeams would shoot out of your fingers and your toes and the ends of your hair... am I talking too much? "
-It's a Wonderful Life

My little organized heart is getting rearranged and it is a little scary for me.  I am used to order and 9 to 5 and the same friends wanting to hang out with me.  All of these were tossed aside in the month that i disappeared to the Midwest. I am still sad sometimes, but mainly I cannot wait to see what God is doing in my nearimmediateandfaroff future.

I got my dream job, two weeks to the day after I got back to Salt Lake.  I am going to be baking at a cute little bakery downtown.  I applied, thinking it was a waste of time.  All of my baking experience is either at home or with my grandma.  So, when she called me last week I truthfully couldn't even remember that I applied, but by that afternoon I had a job.  By the grace of God I am there along with people that have gone to culinary school or worked at bakeries.  It has been a test on my heart because everything is still totally out of control, due to trying to open a brand new shop.  Basically what that means is that I am never quite sure when I am supposed to work.  It will be sorted out in the next week, though.  I am so happy to have a sweet boss and a fun job! This is going to be an adventure.  I am excited to learn so many things in the kitchen...hopefully they will translate into real life (unless I am a zombie from waking up so early)! Hah.

I am still feeling sick, like, every day.  I keep trying to cut out certain foods, or pay attention to what causes it, but it seems to be pretty random.  I have a doctors appointment at the end of the month to hopefully get some answers. I am getting pretty tired of not being able to eat anything without feeling horrible, so needless to say, these have been a few pretty stressful months.  I am hoping it is just some sort of food allergy. 

School.  Crossfit is my favorite class.  I love having sore muscles and downing protein shakes in other classes.  But really, I'm not being sarcastic.  My body is slowly getting stronger and it feels so wonderful.  My other classes are alright, I suppose.  Lots of film this semester, and a whole class on Utopian novels.  It's a sleepy semester for sure.

Sound, football, birthdays, early mornings coffee, Fall. These things don't need paragraphs.  This is my favorite time of the year.  


No comments: