Friday, September 21, 2012

A small part of today that I want to bottle up and keep for laughter's sake:

The neighbor behind us just spent the last five minutes trying to call in his dog from the backyard.  The dog is a boxer, which, if you know me, is my favorite dog.  They are so goofy and sweet, and mostly they act like three year olds all the time.  I have been in this neighbor's place so many times, and I know how frustrating it is, but he was just so passive aggressive about it.  Not too loud, not angry at all.  He called the dog, waited a bit, called the dog again, and told it he needed to go somewhere so it should come in.  Wait.  Call.  Wait.  Call.


But my favorite part, besides the boxer/little kid thing?

Its name was Jedi.

"Jedi, come.  "Jedi, come inside!"  "Jedi, c'mon, I need to go somewhere!"  "C'mere Jedi!"

I will miss living in a rich neighborhood for these reasons.  And for

--The couple that walks their dog at midnight all the time
--The man that covers his entire front yard with blow-up figures for Christmas and any other holiday he can find them for
--Neighbors with peach trees to make crumbles from
--Nighttime adventures with Steph
--Being so close to the freeway
--The neighbors next door with the same old BMW in three colors
--Teenage boys playing basketball outside my window all hours of the night

Well, maybe that last one was a lie.  But I have been incredibly blessed being here for the past two and a half years.  So excited to see where the next few take me.  I just hope they involve moments like this.

No comments: