Saturday, September 15, 2012

bakery musings

I forget that I am wearing normal glass and not sunglasses a lot, which means people actually know I am staring at them while I am waiting for Trax.  Sorry parked car people.
because
So starting a new job is interesting.  I have woken up at 4 AM for the past four days straight.  I don't really mind it because I have to be up at 5 for school anyways, but it is weird to get used to.  Anyways, besides the sleep thing, I have been super stressed for the past few days.  I absolutely love my job and love baking, but, to be honest,  I am way under qualified for the job I am doing.  This has meant a lot of worrying, because that is my nature.  I have a problem with being anxious when in reality I should not be anxious in anything with my God.  Yesterday I felt really discouraged everyone else was doing better than me.  The worry got in my head and told me that I wasn't good enough and I shouldn't be doing the job I am in and that my boss might want to let me go.  I went home more than a little anxious about work.  I mean, I've never started a job and not been able to pick it up fast. I decided the worrying wouldn't help me at all so I gave it up to God and planned to keep on working hard.   

So that brings me to today.  Everything went perfect.  Like literally, I can't envision a better day.  God is so good and so faithful to my foolish, untrusting heart.  The first thing I do when I get to work every day is make cinnamon rolls.  Cinnamon rolls, even with plenty of baking experience, are a pretty complex recipe, and working with gluten free floor is that much more difficult.  Yesterday mine all looked like giant blobs with maybe some hint of a swirl.  Today everything rolled out perfect and they looked like an advertisement! I was able to get far more done today, and at a much faster pace.  I left work feeling so much more confident and excited about baking and about God's incredible goodness.

And then He just kept on going.  My boss texted me a couple hours after my shift and told me how amazing my work was today.  She even asked me to write down what I did so we could let my other coworkers know!  The point of all this is not that I am so amazing, or even that I know what I am doing, but that I have such a faithful God.  He loves to bless me more than I even deserve.  I am so in awe of Him and the work he is doing in my life.  So many encouraging things are going on in my life and I can point them all back to God! This is the best life.  

Taste the happy, Michael.  

No comments: