Wednesday, January 20, 2010

poetry freaks me out. 3 hour conversation last night, and i am tired.

so here is my assignment i have to turn in tomorrow: poems about updates i saw on facebook.

Feel like a nobody because I am jobless, nothing like spaghetti and music to unwind
Thought back to the day you told me you liked your men like your coffee
Tumbled in a copper drum, coated with chocolate.
That was yesterday, before I became the human dress factory, before January and February
clocks ticking faster and faster. Where did it go?

Crazy night. Ear ache. Found a lost dog.
Tire blew. Work truck. Craving the mountain.
goodbye lovely Colorado!

The truth of it is that
the Glory of God is so awesome it can be frightening at first.
It is like a trainwreck gets hit by a
plane during an
earthquake
and there’s a
hurricane
and a
tornado.
I am weak, but I am on your side.
I
always
was.
I was born a sinner, opposite of a winner.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

whoa! that is a fun idea. Love what you've done with it.