Thursday, December 10, 2009

i think small pieces of my brain are being cut out in my sleep and being replaced with corporate america. i am losing whole entire thoughts in the process of thinking them. the other night i drove halfway to class and then couldn't figure out where i was going. i literally thought i was driving around to waste gas. waste gas, go to chevron, buy more gas. use your chase visa and spend spend spend, evenson. get on it.

this corporate america thing probably describes why i always want burgers lately, too. i never even cared about them in my entire life, and now i can't resist the allure of a dirty BK. burgers. red meat. fast. FOOD. dollar menu. dr. pepper. gossip girl. sharpie brand permanent marker. nightly news. excedrin migraine. chocolate syrup. levi jeans. ge brand microwave. budweiser (heaven knows your desperate if you choose bud light). macbook pro. don't these words know they are going to burn one day?

but until then, here i am, in my gap sweatshirt, typing on my dell, putting on blistex fruit smoothie chapstick, and listening to my apple brand ipod. dell, blistex, and apple: you don't define me. i just thought you should know that, regardless of america telling you that you do.


what really defines me is this. i love Jesus, and he loves me back. i'm given grace, forever and for the moment. i am part of a family that is a couple billion strong.

also, i write narratives. i worry about my headaches sometimes. i don't have a sleeping pattern. sometimes i play the piano. i like to camp mainly to look up at the stars (and NOT to get leeches on my arms). my room usually is a mess but i am a tennessee fan, so i am used to disappointment. i have never shot a real gun (YET). the way to my heart is to love Jesus and also wear nice jeans. i buy too many jackets, and too much eyeshadow, and way too much junk food. i am in love with 1960's bob dylan and would marry him with the invention of a time machine. two of my best friends are boys. i can't really bowl much over a 130, but i like to try. someone out there knows how to make me smile real good. i am into zombie movies occasionally. i like bobbleheads. i drink a lot of coffee. my hair is finally growing long. i've had the same person stuck in my head for twoyearsstraight and it's oddly okay. those things seem to characterize me a little better than the gap could.

Don't tell everybody at the table about your dreams,
They're too amazing, it'll melt their minds,
Take 'em to Hollywood, cut out the good parts,
Become millionaires.

-The National

No comments: