Sunday, September 7, 2008

the (american) dream

ireallywantaprimetime that i can enjoy for ten whole minutes, cause on tuesday and thursday it's back to sex, drugs and rock&roll that is english 1010.
ireallywant to see the ocean and smell it and look you in the face and explain that it's worth it. and iwantto not be angry or put the blame on you and i don't even want to talk.
iwantthemusic to flow down and feel like green tea on my throat and fire in my ears.
iwantthe
kickdrum to rage and the snare to crack and your guitar to come in and out like an old friend. iwanttodrive on the freeway and listen to that cd you gave me once,
and i wantto s h o w you my callouses and explain to you how i get headaches sometimes, and i wantyoutoBELIEVE me just this once.

and i want you to look me in the eyes and be sincere. iwanttowrite until my hands are bleeding and choke it down with a cup of black coffee.

but i never wear my retainer & you only settle for perfect teeth, right?

No comments: