Wednesday, January 2, 2013


"But there's a call to love our brother that can never be destroyed."

My boss just called me and told me to pray for my army coworker that is getting shipped off to Syria. My heart hurts because she is leaving behind a six year-old boy with no father to care for him, but I will never fully understand the great burden of the call of the military. It gets under skin and bone and people give up all to literally give up all again. We sleep in our warm beds with electric blankets and complain about the cold while they sleep outside in all kinds of extreme weather. We complain while they witness horrible things and silently keep going. It's a crazy concept. America is blessed and it is selfish. We need Jesus so desperately.


Off that topic, though. It's cool to work for a local business because my boss can ask for prayer. My coworkers and I can have spiritual conversations sans corporate interference. Even my boss asks about my faith constantly. God is using this to stretch my faith and work ethic. I'm praying for patience and getting long hours and hectic days. It's refining, it's hard, and it's good. I feel so stoked about this opportunity to watch a small business grow up. I feel like a proud parent almost. God is good to me.


No comments: