Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Via onetrippass

I am missing adventure in my life.  I spend long days at the bakery that turn into nights of either:
1.  navigating Trader Joe's (note: I am not a yuppie)
or
2.  watching British television on Netflix

Neither of these things are that exciting.  I think my life in Salt Lake is lovely, but it is much lovelier in the summer when there are mountains to climb.  Plus, I am mostly grossed out when I can't see through the smog.  January is like a season in itself.  I am anxious for this season to pass and a new one to come.

Today, though, it was warm.  There was sunshine and people were acting happy instead of tired and bothered.  I thought I might go on a bike ride after work just to celebrate, but on the way home I saw blocks full flashing lights and yellow tape.  Every single street around my house was blocked off, except, ironically, my own street.  There were small groups of policemen everywhere, so I decided to give up on biking.  I didn't feel like rolling up on a crime scene, and I don't think they wanted me to either.  Welcome to City Life. 


I wish I had fun stories to tell you.  I could exaggerate, or make things up, but honestly I am too tired. My days have been a blur of sweet family, cardboard boxes, baked goods, and the interstate.  All of these things are good, some even wonderful, but they are exhausting.  Everyone else is going back to school, and I'm trying to figure out what in the world to do with my early afternoons off of work.  


It's 2013.  I haven't even had time to really sit and reflect on the past year.  I have childish resolutions, like giving up soda, but there is also a desire to learn and grow, specifically in my relationship with God.  I am pretty solid in some useless worldly things, like analyzing literature, but I could sure do better in deeply reading the Word of God.  I am excited to have time without school studying to focus on real, solid, biblical study.  Here's to a new year of that.  Also, to my first year sans any schooling since the 90's.  

Woah.

No comments: