Wednesday, August 4, 2010

"well, he completely deserves this one."
-philip hahn, justifying a shark attack as punishment


--i had a moment, yesterday at work, where i wasn't grumpy about my job situation, and it is this:

my favorite customer, who is old and tall and has a ponytail SPOKE TO ME. which, i guess it is weird that he is my favorite, because he never says more than that he is doing okay, but he is consistent, which makes me feel good. he comes in all of the time, and he at least answers my prompts and smiles if he feels the need. he consistently wears a vietnam vet hat and the same few shirts, without any crazy mood swings like other customers. anyways, i like him because he doesn't mess around. most of the old dudes that come in just want to tell you all of the jokes they can, which is sometimes just fine except it makes for a long day, and most of the jokes are the same. so this guy doesn't talk, except for yesterday he started a conversation with me. i like to think that maybe it was because i was gone for three weeks, and he realized that he missed me. but who is to say.

--shark week. there is something satisfying about watching discovery channel. i feel like my iq has gone up, but really, i have just watched a lot more blood and guts tv than usual.

--another thing i realized, pretty recently, is that i buy hair products just because i want to smell them. it has been the reason for most of my recent purchases. sometimes i even disregard what the stuff exactly does, and just want to buy it because it smells good. so, if my hair looks bad for the next few years, just know that it smells wonderful, when i am falling asleep on my pillow at night.

well, off to bed, and the new arcade fire album, which is actually, so far, wonderful. tomorrow is my brother's birthday, and i am excited to go celebrate with him after half a day of work. summer is going too fast.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I love that thing about the hair products, because I do a similar thing. Well, Celisse and coincidentally Bryan wear So Sexy Shampoo by Victoria's Secret, and it is the only shampoo that smells good even two days after you clean your hair. I love it sooooo much, but I feel weird using it because they do. And also, it doesn't do anything to help my hair look thicker. HA.