Sunday, August 1, 2010

here is a scenario:

it is midnight. you are exhausted, but, for the record, that is just what happens during the summer. for some reason you are in a parking garage, outside of a building that is too well lit for twelve am. everything smells like cigarettes, which really isn't so bad, and the man next to you is sweating a whole lot as you both wait for the elevator door to open. and it does, and you look in, and through the lens you see someone just as tired as you are. and someone with enough energy for the whole world to feed off of, and you know, for finally, that you are not crazy, and that this is just the kind of life you have chosen.


so that isn't so bad. i am learning to answer my phone in the night, even when i don't want to know what kind of adventure the other line wants to have.

1 comment:

S said...

I just caught up on your entries. I forgot how much I love your writing. Also, Crestwood is right down the street from my house! That's so funny.