Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I have been so busy with running around and travel time that I have neglected school, and actually writing altogether. I think school is a little mad at me, because when I got back from San Diego there were two presentations and Freud (who bothers me more than any other psychologist i've read) waiting for me. As if to say, you know, this is what you get for having a real life.

Anyways, the last few weeks have been:

-Co-housesitting in a very nice neighborhood. It was over Halloween weekend, too, so there were kids running around and probably expecting giant candy bars, but we had nothing to give out. They were brats anyways, though. One kid hit my car with a stick because he ran out in front of me, like it was totally okay for him to be doing that. Anyways, it is fun to pretend that I have a house of my own, with a hot tub I can use whenever I want.

-San Diego. we went out, my family, Collin, Emma, and I, to watch my brother graduate from the first phase of boot camp. It was a lovely break from the cold weather here, even though it was only slightly less cold there. We ate a lot of real Mexican food which was neat for me. My lovely friend Erin showed us around the city the first night. We sent off lanterns on the beach, which was pretty exciting, and then pretended like we were wealthy at the Hotel Coronado. She took us to a cute local yogurt shop (they had Harry Potter yogurt!) and then to the sand cliffs at Point Loma. It made me feel guilty, that I know none of the fun things to do in Salt Lake. My friends would not have a good time if they came to stay with me in Utah. The second night we were there, she took us to her friend's penthouse suite off of Pacific Beach, and the view of the city was phenomenal. There are some days, very rarely, where I don't hate big cities and would like to spend more time there.

-San Diego, the military part. We also spent a lot of time on base during the day. Everything was painted mustard yellow there and reminded me of a Wes Anderson movie. The first day we got to see Aus was pretty exciting. he looks so dapper in his uniform, like he could be hanging out with Don Draper. The day of graduation it was pouring rain, so we ended up missing most of the ceremony due to poor planning, but Austin didn't mind. He just wanted to leave base and eat burgers.

-Ten days without sleep. Okay, that's an exaggeration. Well sort of. Aus was only in town for ten days, so I spent every night, give or take one or two, in Provo or in travel. It was a lot of fun spending the time with my family and also old friends.

-Harry Potter movies. Woops, it's happening again.

-New coworkers. I am still not sure how I feel about this, but I will have more to report later I'm sure. I had a meeting with my boss yesterday, and she told me she had heard that I want to quit in the summer...so that was an awkward situation. The rest went really well though. I am truly blessed where I am right now in my job.

So that leaves today, which has been more crazy running around. I went down to Starbucks on my break between classes (yes, I just realized I can leave campus on breaks and it is okay) and some dude bought everyone in the lobby pastries, just to be nice I guess. Not every person is terrible all of the time.

No comments: