Thursday, April 7, 2011

some observations.

--I took a small amount of comfort this morning in the old bus driver being back. It is always new men anymore, and even newer buses that smell like plastic. I have attached personalities to the old drivers but the new ones are just quiet. I don't love that.

--There are twins in one of my classes. They always sit right next to each other, except for today, they were seated far apart. I wonder that means they are in a fight, or just need a break. It would be weird to continuously look at the seat next to you and see yourself.

--Two and a half more weeks of sitting in rooms that can never find a good temperature.

--My room is living in a constant organized/cluttered cycle. I can never figure it out.

--Two more children's books, one, Where the Wild Things Are. Another novel with the word "House" in it, some obscure French poetry (which, yuck), and some Joyce. Plus, watching Wall-E. Three more papers. One more project. One more test. Fourteen days.

--Tom bought some fancy coffee and expects me to be drinking it with him every day, but the problem is that I just forget. He wants someone to share in his excitement but I keep rushing off in the mornings. This time, I finally did it.

This lack of sleep all of the time is making life interesting. I wrote what was hopefully the best paper of the semester so far last night, and all I am hoping today is that my professor feels the same. J.S. is a paper Nazi, but I guess this is what I signed up for.

No comments: