Tuesday, February 8, 2011



My weekend was spent mostly on my feet, except for the long period of time on Friday that Emma and I sat around and watched tv. We also made some really cute valentines, which I haven't done since I was in elementary school. I am excited to give them out even if I don't care much about the holiday.

Collin, Tony, Chris, and their friend Aaron came up on Saturday, so I spent that afternoon doing what I do every time I am with Collin: running around the city and debating where we are and aren't supposed to be. Mostly I assume everything is a no, such as: abandoned restaurants, tops of trains, and fire escapes. He thinks all of these are a yes, and so we draw a line in the middle and only do half of the things. This time? Abandoned restaurant. Anyways, I got really excited about color and photographs again, and I cannot wait for it to be warm so that I can create more.

Super Bowl was good. It is sad to think that football is gone now that I finally have Sundays off, but soon it will be time for hiking, biking, and road trips. It is time to get active again because I am always at an extreme of exhausted or too energetic. There are places that I dream of going but most of them feel like a little bit of home. Salt Lake is home to me but there is also the crispness of the Oregon home and the humid warmth of Midwestern Michigan home. I always hope to be back in both of these places.

No work complaints today, except that Monday was terrible and I had to stay late because of taking my first outage. But the thunder and the snow was cool to watch, and Bobby and I talked a bit about tattoos (which makes me remember that he is a human).



No comments: