Tuesday, February 15, 2011

"I thought all the good ones were gone, you're here to tell me I was wrong."
-a song lyric text I received this morning

My Valentine's Day really wasn't so bad, and probably what helped was a holiday-themed Spanish class. The professor wore a red and pink argyle sweater vest, which makes me think he is just a little bit sentimental. Which is funny, because I never really cared about Valentines except for getting a lot of chocolate at school. I made some cute cards this year though, and I would love to put of a picture of the one I made for Spenc except that he probably already threw it away. Things made out of paper are lost on little boys.

I guess it's more of a tradition here to have an extravagant celebration though, and so for dinner we made crab and lobster. I am not used to the sophistication of that and it made me feel like maybe I should've had someone with me who I truly cared about....who was in a suit.

The semester is flying by. Fly.ing. Not so much time anymore until it is March and I am believing in the sunshine, that it will stick around longer for me.

No comments: