Monday, July 19, 2010

"The thing is, step into what God has for you today."
--Steve McInroy

I have been thinking about that a lot since Friday night, and it is not easy, but it is so good. I am always trying to step into what God has had for me in the past, or what I think he has for me in the future. There is a time where you just have to be content with what is going on in the day-to-day: that is when you see opportunities to serve, grow, and learn where you wouldn't if you were always looking elsewhere. So that's my prayer for this week.

Also on my mind lately is how much I love the outdoors. God has gifted me with Utah, even if I am always wanting to go somewhere else. Yesterday I took a hike with a friend up in Little Cottonwood Canyon. There is something about being up in God's creation away from people and cars. To me there is almost nothing more beautiful than the mountains. At one point we were walking through a gorgeous little meadow with wildflowers everywhere, and the next minute we were at a stream with snow. It made me want to go camping real soon.

So that's that. The weekend is over, and this week is going to be a busy one. 3 days of real work, and 3 days of photography. Sometimes I get them mixed up.

No comments: