Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"It is a two-way traffic, the language of the unsaid."
-Anne Carson.

Sometimes you are stressed out. So sometimes you sit in your car on break and eat Peeps and think. And probably you will listen to Bon Iver, too, and watch the rain fall on your windshield. Just sayin'--it might happen to you one day. In case you were nervous about it, it isn't really so bad.

Wednesdays off. Praise Jesus. Tonight I finally watched Bear vs. Shark, mainly because Jemaine Clement was in it, and I love their accents. I enjoyed it, even though it was nothing that I expected it to be. What a strange little love story. I guess it was cute in its own way though. Today I went to the Whitmore library and purged their movie collection; for the next week I will probably sit at home and watch all of the great things I found, but I am looking forward to it. I guess sometimes being stressed out leads to catching up on things you've wanted to do, Bible passages you've wanted to study, shows you've wanted to watch, books you've wanted to read, foods you've wanted to make. Those things keep you from feeling so overwhelmed in the midst of all things.

Also, today I saw a man, for the first time, get up out of his seat on Trax so that a woman could sit down. I guess Trax people can have manners too, even if just being on the thing makes me want to have no manners at all.

No comments: