Tuesday, October 1, 2013

"Jon, I think this music is a little too French for this early in the morning."
-A barista at a Starbucks. I like to imagine Jon is the kind of guy that doesn't use an 'h' in his name, but I guess that it wouldn't be his fault if one got in there.

I am in this weird limbo I have never been in before, which is that of having two jobs, and having a third pending. I feel like I am cheating on my real life boss, while I wait for the third deal to become official. My mouth keeps wanting to betray me with things like "I AM OUT OF HERE" or "wait I might actually miss baking" or "CALM DOWN", but I keep forcing it shut and working hard anyways. Hopefully the status changes from pending to funded soon, because this in between is making a fool of me.

My body is tired from that time yesterday that I went backpacking, and the rest of the times I have been working too many hours on my feet, but I am persevering. Things are happy in the sleepiness. In two weekends I will be back in the Midwest. My best friend has moved up to Salt Lake City, which gives me freedom to do silly things, like eat waffles in the night or smoke Primetimes on a porch. I am enjoying sound, and drinking coffee again, and spending more time in the mountains. The bruises on my legs tell me that I had a good weekend, despite the aches. Football is also back, which means that my Sundays are more relaxing than they have been in months, oddly.

On a sidenote. I timidly gave one of the regulars at the bakery a copy of one of my stories, in exchange for a lovely book he thought that I should read. He told me it brought him to tears and to keep writing, and that was an encouraging push that I probably needed. It feels good to create more than SEO content again.

God is gracious. God is kind. God gives me the hard and the easy mixed together and that is a lovely thing.

No comments: