Monday, August 8, 2011

somebody stop me before i do something drastic and chop off a lot of my hair. except truth is i am probably too scared to do it.

picking up the pieces of the week, though. my back and my legs are sore from accidentally working out beyond my capacity. who knew, but runningfridayplayingfrisbeeandkickballsaturdaybikingsunday actually doesn't feel great physically. it sure does something great for your mind and soul though. God is so good to give exercise as a form of stress relief. last night we went on an 11 mile bike ride in a little under an hour and it felt so good after getting over the initial pain. i am excited to buy an eventual bike that isn't vintage--even though it is real cute, and people always stop to comment on it--so that i am not carrying around 20 extra pounds.

the real point i even meant to write was that my brother left yesterday for bootcamp. it is weird to me that i have no way of contacting him or hearing from him. i hate thinking that he is just spending all of his time now getting yelled at, but i am so proud of him for doing what he's doing. keep him in your prayers, that he grows closer to God and stays encouraged through all of this. It is going to be a hard three months for my whole family, but I will count down the days to san diego eagerly (which, hello, huge deal because i hate california the most). time goes by quickly. i am blessed i got to spend the weekend hanging out with him.

that's all folks. this week is a busy one. today at work i had a lady walk through all of the lanes of the drive up, yell at me, then walk away and ignore me as i tried to help her with her problem. people are so funny.

No comments: